There are four basic graduation requirements for Heritage Christian High School:
- Fulfillment of academic standards
- Completion of S.A.L.T. (Service) hours
- Participation in Interterm Week
- Fulfillment of attendance requirements
The courses listed below are those required for graduation from HCS. HCS requirements both meet and exceed state requirements.
|Subject Area||General Grad||HCS College Prep / Core 40||Academic Honors*|
|Language Arts||9 credits||9 credits||9 credits|
|Social Studies||6 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Science||4 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Mathematics||4 credits||6 credits||8 credits|
|World Languages||0 credits||4 credits||6 credits|
|Additional Core (one of the subject areas listed above)||0 credits||1 credit||0 credits|
|Bible||6 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Physical Education||2 credits||2 credits||2 credits|
|Health||1 credit||1 credit||1 credit|
|Fine Arts||0 credits||0 credits||2 credits|
|Electives||8 credits||3 credits||2 credits|
- Earn a grade of C- or above in courses that will count toward the diploma, and
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above, and
- Complete one of the following:
- Advanced Placement courses (totaling 4 credits) and corresponding AP Exams.
- Academic, transferable dual high school/college courses resulting in 6 college credits.
- A combination of AP courses (2 credits) with AP exams and one college course resulting in 3 college credits.
- Score a 1250 composite SAT, with a minimum of 590 in reading/writing and 560 in math.
- Score a 26 composite ACT.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
S.A.L.T. (Service) Hours Requirement
Knowing that the Bible directs us as Christ followers to be the “salt of the earth”, S.A.L.T. stands for Serving And Loving Together, and is the name given to our service hours expectation for students. Our desire is that students develop the habit of service to others as an opportunity to influence our school, as well as their church and community.
All students are required to perform 20 hours of community service during each year that they attend high school at Heritage, including their senior year. Service performed that is not for immediate family and for which no compensation is received qualifies for service hours.
In order for a student to receive an HCS diploma, these service hours must be completed and documented in Naviance. These will be reviewed and approved by the high school office.
As a graduation requirement, all students are required to participate in Interterm electives during the freshmen and sophomore year, and an internship job shadowing experience in their junior year at HCS. This will typically occur at the end of the 3rd quarter during senior trip week. In order for a student to receive an HCS diploma, these must be completed and documented using the appropriate forms which are available from the guidance office.